- Yearly mammograms are recommended starting at age 40.
- Use a facility that specializes in mammograms or that performs more than three each day. Ask to see the FDA certificate showing that the facitlity meets high professional standards.
- If you are satisfied with the facility, continue to go there each year, so that your mammograms can be compared from year to year. If not, take copies of your old mammograms to a new facility so that they will have them for comparison.
- Some, or all, of the cost of a mammogram may be covered by Medicare, Medicaid, or private health plans. Call the ACS (1.800.ACS.2345) to find low-cost mammograms in your area.
- All mammogram facilities are required to send your results to you within 30 days and to contact your withing five business days if there is a suspected problem. Call your doctor or the facility if you do not receive your results.
- Only two to four of every 1,000 mammograms will lead to a cancer diagnosis. 10% of women may require an additional mammogram, but only 8-10% of them will need a biopsy. 80% of those biopsies will NOT be cancer.
- The procedure will require you to undress to the waist, but the facility will provide a wrap for you to wear.
- Deodorant, powder, or cream under your arms may interfere with the quality of the mammogram.
- Only you and the technologist, who positions your breasts, will be present for the mammogram. Most technologist are women.
- The entire procedure should take about 20 minutes and should include two views of each breast. The breast compression may cause some discomfort, which you can lesson by not scheduling a mammogram immediately before or during your period. Tell the technologist if you experience pain during the procedure.
Brighton Power of Pink
Brighton once again is kicking off another year supporting The Harley's Angels. Visit the Brighton Memorial City and Brighton Willowbrook stores and make sure you tell them your support The Harley's Angels. Shop online or by phone also. Visit their website to see all the glorious jewelry they have to offer!
Kroger Community Rewards Program
If you shop at Kroger, please go online and link your Kroger shopper’s card account to Cruzin to Cure. This will not cost you anything except a few minutes of your time. By doing this, Kroger will donate money to Harley’s Angels each quarter. The amount donated is contingent on the total amount of purchases by people whose Kroger card is linked to this code. YVJ598, Your Help is VERY MUCH Appreciated!
Kimen Wheeler’s Story with Harleys’Angels
Calendar Page for October 2018 Our survivors
October Meeting Location
BerryHills Baja Grill
13703 SW Frwy
SugarLand, Texas 77478
Meetings are always held
3rd Saturday of Each month
unless otherwise instructed
Royal Essence Candles
Royal Essence Candles is graciously offering to donate 20% of proceeds of any and all orders where the customer specifically states they support Harley's Angels Cruzin' to Cure. During the month of October, she is offering a 25% donation for same.